TERMS + PRIVACY
Protecting your privacy is important to Temple Day Spa. Temple Day Spa is committed to protecting your right to privacy and to fully comply with its obligations under the Privacy Act 1988 as amended by the Privacy Amendment (Private Sector) Act 2000.
In particular, Temple Day Spa will comply with the National Privacy Principles contained in the Act, which may be found on the website of the Office of the Federal Privacy Commissioner Australia (www.privacy.gov.au).
Whenever we collect personal information from you, whether online or in hard copy form when dealing with your reservation or any enquiries you may have, we will make every reasonable attempt to inform you of why we are collecting this information, to whom we will disclose the information and the purposes for which we intend to use the information.
In general, the purposes for which we collect your personal information include:
– To confirm your appointment time and treatment prior to your scheduled appointment date and time.
– To identify the purchaser of a Gift Voucher should the business decide it appropriate to replace the lost voucher.
– To place you on our mailing list (postal and email).
– To deal with any enquiries you may have in relation to your Gift Voucher purchase or treatment.
– To be able to inform you of any details or special offers
At all times, we will take care to ensure that your personal information is protected and treated confidentially and in accordance with the Privacy Act.
Please note that we will not provide your personal information to any other organisation or individual. If you believe that we have not dealt with your personal information in a manner that complies with the Privacy Act, you should contact us to discuss how we may better deal with it.
Similarly, if you wish to access personal information that we hold about you, you may make a request in writing.
All correspondence should be directed to:
Temple Day Spa
78 Unley Road
Unley SA 5061
With regards to credit card details, Temple Day Spa hold no details on record and all card details are transmitted directly through NAB.
All purchases made online are final, non transferrable, nonrefundable and cannot be exchanged for cash.
THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
We may collect the following categories of information for the purposes explained below.
Website activity: This is data about your browsing activity on our website. For example, which pages you visited and when, and what items you placed into your online shopping cart.
Device and browser information: This is technical information about the device or browser you use to access the Advertiser’s website. For example, your device’s IP address, cookie string data and (in the case of mobile devices) your device type and mobile device’s unique identifier such as the Apple IDFA or Android Advertising ID.
Ad data: This is data about the online ads we have served (or attempted to serve) to you. It includes things like how many times an ad has been served to you, what page the ad appeared on, and whether you clicked on or otherwise interacted with the ad.
ON SITE TECHNOLOGIES
YOUR OPT OUT OPTIONS
We recognize how important your online privacy is to you, so we offer the following options for controlling the targeted ads you receive and how we use your data:
– You can opt out of receiving targeted ads served by us by clicking on the blue icon that typically appears in the corner of the ads served. Please note that, if you delete your cookies or upgrade your browser after having opted out, you will need to opt out again. If you opt-out we may collect some data about your online activity for operational purposes (such as fraud prevention) but it won’t be used by us for the purpose of targeting ads to you.
While we may link multiple browsers or devices to you, if you opt out on a device or browser we will not use data collected after you opted out on that device or browser for targeted advertising purposes. Therefore, if you use multiple browsers or devices you will need to execute this opt out on each browser or device.
Please note that when using the ad industry opt-out tools described above:
– If you opt-out we may still collect some data about your online activity for operational purposes (such as fraud prevention) but it won’t be used by us for the purpose of targeting ads to you.
– If you use multiple browsers or devices you may need to execute this opt out on each browser or device.
– Other ad companies’ opt-outs may function differently than our opt-out.
– To opt out of receiving targeted ads that are based on your behavior across different mobile applications follow the below instructions, for iOS and Android devices:
– iOS 7 or Higher: Go to your Settings > Select Privacy > Select Advertising > Enable the “Limit Ad Tracking” setting
– For Android devices with OS 2.2 or higher and Google Play Services version 4.0 or higher: Open your Google Settings app > Ads > Enable “Opt out of interest-based advertising”
Opting out will not prevent you from seeing ads, but those ads will likely be less relevant because they won’t be tailored to your interests. The ads might, for instance, be randomly generated or based on the web page you are visiting.
Some internet browsers allow users to send a “Do Not Track” signal to websites they visit. We do not respond to this signal.